ANST - Consorts' Tea topics

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 19 20:23:26 PST 1998

Hi all, Aquilanne here.

When I sent off my post responding to Jehanne's letter about the Consort's
Tea, I didn't realize her letter had gone to the Bryn Gwlad list and not
the Ansteorra list and a few folk have written me asking about what else we
talked about (well, you know they say confusion likes company; or something
like that ;->). Anyway, here's Jehanne's letter outlining most of the stuff
we talked about.

***************************
Greetins all, Jehanne here,
At Steppes 12th night  I attended a meeting of the consorts of the
chivalry which took place in the afternoon.   Her Ladyship Octavia
called the meeting to discuss many topics and I would like to share
the results of that meeting with you.

1.  We will renew our efforts to stand near the field and set an
exampe when our consort is fighting for our honor.

2.  We will reward the efforts of anyone who performs an honorable
act such as;  yielding and advantage in a fight, yielding a fight,
making a splendid yield speech,  carrying items for anyone who is
burdened,  etc.

3.  We will ask our consort, and their squires to write down a yield
speech so that in the midst of a tournament they are not at a loss
for words.

4.  Make an effort to help those who are still fighting in sneakers
to find an alternative.  Also, assist those who need surcoats (or
court clothes for that matter) in any way possible.

5.   Instruct newcomers and others who are interested in how to watch
a tournamet.  Share with them who is fighting, what the weapons are
called,  the types of tournaments,  blow calling,  honorable acts,  a
consorts role, what it means when someone "carry's your favor",  etc.
(By the way,  I will be teaching such a class at the tournament at
Tempio's event in April, please join me!).

I'm sure I've forgotten some items, I hope that Aquilanne will be
able to jump in and add anything I've forgotten.