ANST - Red Tape Event

Margo Lynn Hablutzel Hablutzel at compuserve.com
Tue Jan 20 05:50:38 PST 1998

FYI, Calontir is one of the few Kingdoms of which I know (and I travel a
lot) which has an annual event of this type, called CalonCon; it's
scheduled in a couple of months in Standing Stones (Columbia, MO, nice
college town, good archaeological museum, several art galleries, book
bindery and restoration shop, decent Indian buffet, bead shop).  Midrealm
tried this a couple of times and people were not overly interested; they
also have peer-only 'retreats' and not being a peer I have no idea what
happens except it's see-and-be-seen.

I can get more info on CalonCon out to whomever is interested, if you like.
 Katriana I note (just before sending this) has also told you some things
about it.  THe Althings happen more than just at CalonCon, I attended one
at Kris Kinder two Decembers back; they are used for the populace to advice
TRM/TRH, and are announced in advance so people can plan to be there if
they are interested.

If you do this in a hotel, they sometimes toss in conference rooms for free
if you rent enough of the hotel rooms.  I think for one Peer's Retreat in
Calontir they found a retreat place, or a fancy B&B; I'm not a peer but I
can ask one.

As for food being available 10am-2pm, icky.  Have you never tried that?
What actually word better is bagels and muffins in the morning; they don't
dry out too badly by midmorning break.  Add some fruit.  Lunch should be
only two hours long because food held on the line gets nasty if you go much
longer, and even the best of buffets cannot replenish well enough to
overcome that.  If you have the morning snacks try 11:30am to 1:30pm, which
covers most normal people's lunchtime.

And Don Tivar's suggestions are dead-on not only for what people do
afterward, but what people do when a meeting is going on in which they are
not involved.  At the Calontir Peer's Retreat, a couple of the "Peer
Widow(er)s" set up activities which have involved hottub parties and fiber
field trips.

I'm new here, I'll go back to lurking now.

                                                ---= Morgan

           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
                          daytime: margolh at nt.com

                "I don't give 'em Hell. I just give 'em the
                       Truth and they think it's Hell."
                                Harry S. Truman