ANST - A Long Introduction

Ghislaine Fontaneau/Elayne Hoover elyh at wcc.net
Wed Jan 21 00:35:25 PST 1998

Hello, Sarah.  Welcome to Ansteorra!

> 2) Like a said before, any info on period maternity clothes (any period in
> period would be fine for now! I'll only have to wear them till June :) ) I'm
> not going to sew much for Kev and Heather until they pick personas, but I'm
> sure when they do, I'll be back begging again ::sighs:: I'm such a pain
> ::wink::

I recommend Houpelandes (sp?).  In the day of the houpelande, it was
fashionable for women to have large, round bellies, and to stand leaning
slightly back....;-) sounds like pregnancy, don't it?

Check out the Houpelande homepage at:

http://www.pipcom.com/~tempus/houpelande.html

As for children's garb, I recommend that you put boys in a blousey
Elizabethan shirt three sizes too big.  For girls, try Italian
Renaissance--the chemise is like a big, oversized blouse that she can
grow into over several years, and the over-dress can be made with tucks
of extra fabric in the shoulder seams and along the edges of the skirt
(if you do it right, it will look like fashionable, horizontal
pleating).  Let out a few inches ever time she grows, until you've run
out of 'dress.'  Additionally, the 'bib' of the overdress can be made to
begin life at her natural waist, and end life at the standard
Italian-Ren waistline.

Ghia

--
mka: Elayne "Ely" Hoover