ANST - A Long Introduction

Margo Lynn Hablutzel Hablutzel at compuserve.com
Thu Jan 22 04:44:53 PST 1998

Sarah, Ghia had some good garb ideas, but my thought is that if the kids
are in Italian Ren, you should be too.  There is less fabric used for most
styles than a houppelande and a lot of the styles are also open and blousy,
which helps not only during pregnancy but during breastfeeding.  One east
one looks like an underdress with a long straight vest over the top,
clasped in front.  The one things I have learned from friends who have had
children and are breastfeeding is that open-in-front garb is essential,
unless you want to nip into the loo and undress several times a day.  A lot
of the houppelandes that I have seen do not open in front or not very far.
Do check Stefan's file on maternity garb, because I have seen the
discussion come up more than once.  And remember, a shawl is period and
hides a lunching baby very nicely.

For now, you might want to ask around your group, there might be children
there who have outgrown garb, or some loaner pieces, for the short-term.

                                        ---= Morgan

           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
                          daytime: margolh at nt.com

                "I don't give 'em Hell. I just give 'em the
                       Truth and they think it's Hell."
                                Harry S. Truman