ANST - previous threads ... keltoi / religion / holy-days

Ghislaine Fontaneau/Elayne Hoover elyh at wcc.net
Thu Jan 22 22:31:35 PST 1998

Jodi McMaster wrote:

> At 12:45 PM 1/23/98 -0800, Cougar wrote:
>
> >Anyhoo, I personally know some wiccans, and they don't talk about it
> >much, but I wonder if the people I know, are aware of the history of
> >thier belief. It is VERY old, has an extensive history, and shaped the
> >way we all are today.
>
> I'd quibble with this statement to this extent--modern Wiccans are
> generally structuring their practices and beliefs on a resurrected version
> of the historical Wicca.

*snip*

> AElfwyn

I should hope so.  Unfortunately, many "Wiccans" I know personnaly have
only gone so far as to dress in certain colors, buy certain jewelry, and
announce their new religious beliefs to anyone who will stand still.
Unfortunately, they can't answer questions about the ideals of Wicca,
the history of Wicca, the origins of their ceremonies, symbolism,
etc....

I am, on the whole, extremely dissappointed with modern Wiccans.  But
I'd love for someone to prove me unfairly biased...

Ghia

--
mka: Elayne "Ely" Hoover
SCA: Madame Ghislaine Fontanneau