ANST - Another list newbie

Jocelyn Hinkle scribe_ari at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 18:40:48 PST 1998

---Cait Macanliss  wrote:

> My (sca) name is Aoife, last name as of yet unchosen, and mundanely
I'm
> called Cait. I'm 17 years old, and I live in Dallas.

Why hello luv, Glad to see you take charge of the intro's. Its a very
good start.

> since my parents are convinced that all SCA people are weirdos and
freaks and other uncomplimentary stuff.

We may be different, yes, but most all of us are compleatly harmless
history buffs who enjoy running around in fasions that are a bit dated.

>My main intrests (at least, right now, and very subject to change)
are medieval clothing and music (I play celtic harp), plus bits and
pieces of calligraphy and heraldry thrown in. I love to read,

Every teen I know is subject to change without notice. This sounds as
if you are off to a very good start
.
> Of course, now that I'm done with the obnoxious and typical teenager
 self-centered stuff, I'll go away and hide in my In Box.

Oooooo so young and impressionable. As far as I can tell you are
rather polite. No hiding! Boxes are for leftovers. How can you make
any friends if you hide?
I'm very glad to meet you. My name is Ari, unfortunately I live in
Austin (read Bryn Gwlad) but i will be happy to chat with you whenever
you like. I was born into the SCA, my parents being long term members.
So ask away. My specialty is calligraphy and illumination, and all
around celtic stuff.

Joy to all
Ari
==