ANST - previous threads ... keltoi / religion / holy-days

Kateryn Heathrydge heatherford.manor at juno.com
Fri Jan 23 15:25:06 PST 1998

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:15:12 -0600 Paul Mitchell <pmitchel at flash.net>
writes:
>Galen here!

><http://www.trantex.fi/staff/heikkih/knights/portcull.htm>  This is a
>page about the Knights Templar, who were destroyed by a series of
>witchcraft trials as vile as any you've heard of, probably
>politically-
>motivated.  Click on the "dungeon" button.

Correct me if I am wrong (I have every faith someone will), but  I seem
to remember that the Templars made two very big mistakes:

1) they had extra money (not a big sin)

2) they loaned it cheap to important, broke people (big mistake)

When the commoners decided that this order was "wrong", the nobility
might have been able to step in and helped, but  dead men send no "past
due" bills...

This is oversimplified, I understand.  Maybe this weekend I can get to a
public web access link.

Kateryn Heathrydge
Three Rivers, Calontir
heatherford.manor at juno.com