ANST - Looking for renaissance folks in Fort Worth area

The Sonntags sonntag at ctelcom.net
Sat Jan 24 13:45:02 PST 1998

Howdy,  I'm not a member of the SCA - I'm trying to pass on some
information to some of your members.

My name is Mike Sonntag, and I am trying to locate Renaissance folks
who might be interested in an activity I am starting in Fort Worth:
Contra Dances (i.e. reels; the most famous example being the Virginia Reel -
note that the name "Contra" is a derivative of the word "Country", and has
been associated with the dances since the 1600s).  My main recreation is
playing the fiddle, and I have assembled a 5 piece acoustic string band named
Old Time.  We have a repertoire of 83 tunes, most of which are 100 to 300
years old.  Basically, we play old fashioned dance music, which is why I
am trying to get Contra Dancing started in Fort Worth.

Right now, we have started having dances on the 2nd Friday evening of each
month from 8:00PM to 11:00PM at the Southside Preservation
Association's building located at 1519 Lipscomb.  Cost is $4.00 per person;
the money goes to the facilitiy's utility bills and to compensate the Dance
Caller a little; Old Time is playing for free.

Since Friday evening doesn't work for everyone, we may also try to get a Contra Dance
going on the 4th Saturday evening from 8:00PM to 10:00PM at the Fort Worth Fire and
Police Academy at 1000 Calvert Street; however, this activity is still in the planning
stages.

I was told by some Scottish dancers that some of the "Rennes" would be interested.
Could you please either pass on this information to those in the Fort Worth area or have
them contact me or both.  My E-Mail address is sonntag @ctelcom.net.  My home
phone number is (817) 444-1792.  My work phone is (817) 777-4694.  My mailing
address is 527 Dunaway Lane, Azle, Texas 76020.

Thank you for your time.