ANST - Candlemas Tourney

Eric Mauer tuhtahl at texas.net
Sun Jan 25 10:43:02 PST 1998

   Baroness Jehanne's Birthday Tournament

   Pray let it be known that there will be Chivalric and Rapier
tournaments
held on Sunday 1 February 1998 at 11:00am at Hancock Recreation Center.

   Since the tenure of Her Excellency Seanna Frazier, first Baroness of
Bryn
Gwlad, the Candlemas tournaments have been in honor of the Baroness's
birthday. Therefore bring your armor, weapons and renowned skill to
Candlemas and compete for the pleasure of Baroness Jehanne d'Avignon.

   The tournaments will highlight the versatility and skills of the
fighters, so
bring all your weapons. In preparation for the Gulf Wars, the heavy list

will be followed by a limited field melee.

   By the way, Queens Champion Tourney is only one week away and this
will be your last chance to fight in a tournament before Her Majesty
Gladwen's Championship.

   Armor inspections start at 10:00am and the Tourney Starts at 11:00am.

Directions:

>From the North:
Take I35 south and exit at Airport Blvd. Stay on the feeder road
(heading south) and cross over Airport Blvd. Go through the light
at the entrance of Hancock Shopping Center, and turn right (west)
on to E 41st Street. Some landmarks are Hancock shopping center
(with a Sears store) on the right (north) side of E 41st Street, and a
multi story public storage place on the left (south) side of E 41st
Street.
Head west on E 41st Street  to the first major intersection, which is
E 41st Street and Red River Street. The site is on the southwest corner
of this intersection., just through the light on the left.

>From the South:

Take I35 north and exit at Airport Blvd. Turn left (west) under I35,
and left again onto the feeder road heading south. Go through the
light at the entrance of Hancock Shopping Center,
and follow the directions above.

Flyers will be available at the Candlemas site