ANST - Proposition: a Kingdom Business Meeting

chuck_graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov chuck_graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
Mon Jan 26 08:07:40 PST 1998

     Greetings, all.

     My, my...the conversation certainly picked up lately.

     First, to answer Daniel's questions:
        Yes, we had three tracks to the best of my recollection, and orders
        were placed against officers.

     Second, Atlantia doesn't have a complete set of regional deputies, so
     Unevent was the best opportunity to see the respective "boss" in
     person.  In many ways, the local officers are the primary audience.

     Certainly, one of my basic assumptions is that there will be schedule
     conflicts--the best you can do is avoid the obvious conflicts, e.g.,
     Centurions vs. Knight Marshals.

     Also, Unevent is a group of business meetings, not training sessions.
     These meetings are to disseminate information specific to each office
     and allow officer's to discuss issues with their peers.  Training was
     handled at other events such as collegia or King's College.  The
     Atlantian analog to King's College is held three to four times each
     year, and rotates throughout the kingdom.  I believe this is what Kat
     was supporting, and I concur wholeheartedly.

     Considering, the concerns I've seen in this discussion, I'd suggest
     the following:

                Room A                  Room B
     0900       Seneschal               Laurel
     1000       Chronicler              Laurel
     1100       Treasurer               Pelican
     1200       Knight Marshal          Pelican

                                <Lunch>

     1400       A&S Minister            Chivalry
     1500       Herald                  Chivalry
     1600       Chirurgeon              White Scarves
     1700       Hospitaller             White Scarves
     1800       Rapier Marshal          Centurions
     1900       Minister of Children    Centurions

     This schedule would allow more time for the various Orders and still
     allow them to duck out for a time to attend other meetings.  However,
     it would be pure hell for the Crowns.

     Regards,
     Tadhg

     ps.  Burke, I avoided Seneschals vs. Chivalry.   8^)