ANST - Cloven fruit

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Mon Jan 26 03:59:49 PST 1998

On 25 Jan 98 at 12:09, Mark.S Harris wrote:

> This was one way fruits were used in the Middle Ages. The tradition
> of passing around cloved (not cloven, cloven is a split hoove) fruit
> is strictly an SCA tradition. See the file below which is in the
> ENTERTAINMENT section of my Florilegium files for more details.
> Including comments and appology from the lady to created the SCA
> game.

once saw a rather annoying cloved fruit that ended up it's
short and misdirected life cloven in mid air (so it can be cloved
*and* cloven) .... was a awesome display of iai-jitsu - saving a hall
full of unsuuspecting victim's from a dangerous rouge fruit

not a strictly SCA tradition ... there were several pagan festivals i
was in attendance in the past where some clueless SCAdian
cross-over types tried to instigate the tradition at the revel fire.
we had a talk with the individuals and explained to them that they
were seriously annoying some people who did not want to play
(... my then-mate for one) and they should cease trying to force
themselves on people before they got themselves hurt ...

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves