ANST - Welcome Aoife/Cait

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Jan 26 08:41:18 PST 1998

Greetings from Stefan li Rous,

Lady Melody macGregor replied to Aoife:

> Greetings Aoife/Cait,
>
> My name is Melody and I live in the Barony of the Stargate (Houston).  My
> husband, Askell, is a chavalric fighter and harp carrier extroidinaire.
> Welcome to the SCA!
>
> Your mention of Celtic harp caught my attention.  I play a Triplet Premier
> 38-string (nylon of course) harp, as does the lady who brought me into the
> SCA.  (She plays a walnut and I play a cherry).  I also play several other
> instruments (badly, I'm afraid) and have discovered that the SCA is a great
> place to bring medieval, renaissance, and traditional (for us that's usually
> Celtic) music to life.  From informal jam sessions during tournaments to
> playing for dancing and court, we are two of  several musicians, of varying
> abilities and seriousness about their art, that enjoy researching and sharing
> their love of music.

You might be interested in a few files in the PERFORMANCE ARTS section of my
Florilegium files:
harps-msg         (32K) 12/ 6/95    Medieval harps. Sources. String sources.
p-songs-msg       (14K)  1/ 9/96    Period songs and song lyrics.
song-sources-msg  (41K)  4/18/96    Sources for medieval songs. Book reviews.

My files are available on the web at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html