ANST - Sightseeing recommendations

Lisa Sawyer ysabeau at interquest.de
Tue Jan 27 07:20:46 PST 1998

At 12:03 AM 1/27/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Ooooor, if you aren't so interested in gunfire... you could go right up the
>street (about 30 min by car) to Firenze and step inside the Ufizzi Gallerei
>(if you'd like to see Botticellis Birth of Venus), La Academie (If
>Michaelangelos David is of interest to you), La Palazzo Medici-Ricardi (for
>all that nifty Medici family history), Dante Alighieri's house,  as well as
>Cellini's Perseus right out in the town square.  The architecture is
>exquisite- don't miss La Piazza della Signoria, La Basilica de Santa Maria
>del Fiore (the facade of this building is one of the most famous in the
>world), Giotto's Campanile (**82 meters high**), the Baptistery, and so on,
>and so on, and so on.  Am I waxing nostalgic?

Nostalgic, yes. But you are whetting my excitement. Since I have finally
gotten paid, no back pay yet but regular is good for now, the trip is
confirmed. Can you imagine? I'm a teacher since the beginning of the school
year and I just got my first paycheck! I love new computer finance systems!

>Go there.  You won't have to stay in a hotel or a hostel as you can just jot
>back to Camp Darby (where I suspect you'll be staying anyway).

Of course! $50 a night in a clean bed. Not too great on ambience but I
won't be there much anyway!
>Oh, and hit the beach... it's lovey, dear, just lovey.

Just the thought of sun is warming my toes right now. I come home to Texas
for Christmas and got rain and more rain, what's up with that! Two years
with no sun makes Ysabeau a pale girl!
Are you recommending the American beach or any others?
Lisa Sawyer
ysabeau at interquest.de
Baumholder, Germany

Problems are just opportunities with work clothes on.