ANST - Latin Mottoes

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Jan 27 11:19:10 PST 1998

Alastair asked:

> If there is anyone who reads this that is fluent in ancient latin could
> you please translate the phrase below for me?  Appropriate style
> variations ok too.
>
> "keep your eye on what is really important"

Those who would like translations of various latin mottoes, or would
like ideas for mottoes of their own, might be interested in looking at
this file in this file in the HERALDRY section of my Florilegium:

mottoes-msg       (44K) 11/10/97    Latin mottoes for SCA use.

Most of the translations in this file were done by Mistress Gunnora. If
you cannot find the motto that you want in this file you might then
contact her. But I would check here first before asking her. She does
send me copies of the messages she replies to, that ask about mottoes
and I add them to this file periodically.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net