ANST - Gulf War Archery...Clarified Rules....! (...or a miscommunication fixed)

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Tue Jan 27 19:14:59 PST 1998

Heilsa all Ansteorran Fighters Good and True...!

Sir Kief here... I had told many of you certain "facts" about Archery and
Fighting at the up-coming Gulf War. I related to ya'll what I had been told by
the Earl Marshal... Sir Karl had related to me what he understood to be the
facts. Alas...we were both in error. I shall attempt to clear up any
misunderstandings. Sir Karl called and was told the following, which he then
passed on to me...

Archery at Gulf War VII: There will be THREE (3) kinds of Archers on the Field.

1.  NO HIT ARCHERS: These folks will be marked by WHITE DIAMONDS...! Don't hit
them under any circumstances.

2.  TOUCH KILL ARCHERS: These archers will be in full combat legal armor, BUT,
THEY WILL CARRY NO WEAPONS OTHER THAN THE BOW AND ARROWS. They should fall dead
at the merest TOUCH! Please be kind...!

3.  ARCHERS WITH SECONDARY WEAPONS: These good Gentles will have full armor and
secondary weapons. Or carry a bow and arrows as supplements to their normal
weapons. If these Archers have a weapon in hand, other than a bow, KILL THEM
NORMALLY...!

What all this means is: Take the time to check out the archers in the opposing
force. Don't just run up and gunch the nearest bow wielding
scum.......er....friendly foe with a bow...*grin* Be careful out there...!

I do hope that this missive clears up any prior misunderstanding in the
information that I was giving out. The error was mine and I apoligize for it.

Good Hunting Kinfolk....!

Waes Thu Hael Ansteorra....!

Sir Kief av Kiersted, Deputy to Sir Karl, Earl Marshal Ansteorra...

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."