ANST - Bard books

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Jan 28 06:45:18 PST 1998

Greetings Ghia from Stefan li Rous,

Ghislaine Fontaneau/Elayne Hoover wrote:

> I have several friend in another kingdom who have never heard of the
> Stephan of the Grove bard book.  They've ask me for a copy; and I don't
> see this as a problem as the book was meant to be distributed freely.
> Unfortunately tho, I really don't have the time/inclination to copy
> multiple disks of the thing and mail them out--Is there a website I
> could refer them to to download their own copy of the bard book?
>
> Ghia

I have Stephan's bard book, but unfortunately only on paper. So I can't
help you specifically on that. However, your friend might be interested
in some of the other song sources that I do have online in my Florilegium.

These are some of the files I have in the PERFORMANCE ARTS section:

music-bib         (14K)  1/24/95    Bibliography and reviews for period music.
p-songs-msg       (14K)  1/ 9/96    Period songs and song lyrics.
SI-songbook1-art  (86K)  5/29/96    A Collection of Scottish and Irish songs,
SI-songbook2-art  (72K)  5/29/96       compiled by Ioseph of Locksley.
SI-songbook3-art  (77K)  5/29/96       (part 3 of 4)
SI-songbook4-art  (86K)  5/29/96       (part 4 of 4)
song-sources-msg  (41K)  4/18/96    Sources for medieval songs. Book reviews.
songs-msg         (48K) 10/13/93    SCA and medieval songs.
songs2-msg        (99K) 12/ 6/95    More songs.

I believe you were asking specifically about songs. If however, you are
interested in bardic stories, these files might also be of interest:

Hornbook-art     (144K) 10/31/96    Mikal the Ram's book of stories.
p-stories-msg     (23K) 11/10/94    Period stories. Story sources.
story-sources-msg (14K)  8/ 8/94    Sources for period stories.
storytelling-art  (23K)  6/13/94    Storytelling techniques by Yaakov.
storytelling2-art (27K)  1/ 9/96    Another storytelling article by Yaakov.

My files can be found on the web at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Hope this is of use to you or others on this list.

Stefan
stefan at texas.net