ANST - Court Herald Style

John Ruble ulf at urocor.com
Wed Jan 7 09:59:41 PST 1998

Daniel said:
><snip> I DON'T WANT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ANYONE BUT ATHENA.

Wait until I tell His Grace...
Daniel also said:

><snip>I also write down the people who are getting awards.
>
><snip>I also write an overall timeline -- for example: royal open, local
>open, baron speaks, baronial (announcements, non-armig, AoA, low-level
>kingdom in baronial (Thistles, usu.), local armig), crown speaks,
>crown biz, baronial last announcements, local close, royal close.
>That's just one example.

I carry a few 3x5 cards in my pouch for such things. Anyone who has gone
to college will agree that a LOT of information can be crammed on one of
those things.  With a paper clip, you can attach it to the inside bottom
of a Herald's Book, where it is out of the way of any scrolls.  If you
get up there and no Book is available, the card fits neatly into your
hand instead.

Try to leave room on the card to renumber everything at least once, and
to write in last minute business.

Just remember to be at ease with the crowd.  Chances are, most of them
know you.  They'll forgive the small mistakes and lost-thought-trains
that you will undoubtedly experience.  And for the bigger mistakes,
well, stand closer to the Crown so that they don't dare shoot!

Ulf Gunnarsson
*---These are my opinions only, and not the opinions of my employers,
spouse,
*---or family doctor.  So there.  Contents may settle during shipping.