ANST - What? Us Pompous? Nah....

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Wed Jan 7 12:17:57 PST 1998

This is an interesting choice of words: pompous and egotistical. It
seems that to many people, these two things go hand in hand. Well, I
disagree. I think of pompous as putting on a good show. You know, pomp
and circumstance. People say that I'm pompous and I say, sure I am. Do
you think that knights in the middle ages tried to walk around and not
make a show of themselves? Heck no! They took the field with banners
and pennants with as much fanfare and ceremony as possible. People in
the middle ages were ostentatious! If you ask me, that's one thing
that we lack in the SCA: I don't think that there's enough >>good<<
ceremony and showmanship.

-Pendaran
"Royalty, as I've been assured, don't claw at their ass in order to
provoke thought."
-Harry Flashman, "Royal Flash"