ANST - Court Herald Style

KiheBard KiheBard at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 19:55:02 PST 1998

In a message dated 98-01-07 16:07:39 EST, Galen writes:

> Amra, two questions:
>  How many hands do you have to juggle all that stuff?

Only two, and as said, these suggestions have not yet been field tested.

I *have* handled the card-books, a staff, and drinking vessel simultaneously
while filling the role of field herald. I also have some other small
experience
as a voice herald and public speaker.

The alternative of a sheet protector and quick-ref sheet instead of the
card-books should be clippable to the inside front cover of one of the
ubiquitous leather portfolios / folders, which was why my brain made
the jump from the flip-books to a single sheet.

I am also a firm believer in having an assistant to the court herald,
or at least a small table, stool, or someplace where he or she can
set down anything not currently needed in hand. Not always
available, I am fully aware, but most useful.

>  How will you defeat the problem of glare on the plastic
>  coverings that lamp-, torch- or candle-light will create?

Non-glare page protectors are common enough now that they should
be easy enough to find. Combined with my scrawlings - and possibly
one of the booklights mentioned of late - should be no particular problem.

>  Good luck!

As always, I doubt me not that I will need copious amounts thereof.

Amra / Kihe / Mike