ANST - The Sword of State (don't delete)

Nan Bradford-Reid ad-4na at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 8 07:55:13 PST 1998

At 10:32 AM 1/8/98 EST, you wrote:
>  This is the first that I have heard of this .  What all was taken and at
>what event?
>I can notify the local pawn shops around this area- Manfred is right, unless
>the stolen stuff is hanging in an SCA abode ( which I know could never happen)
>some one will be trying to raise cash off of what was stolen.
>
>Bors

I don't know what else was stolen, but the items, including the sword were
taken from TRM's truck while it was parked in front of their house.  TRM
said that at least two other vehicles on the same street were burglarized as
well.  I live in the same neighborhood, on a different street.  We are
somewhat isolated out there, but TRM's street backs on a wooded area and it
is very easy for someone to park just off  Dessau Rd, which is on the other
side of the woods, walk through the woods, hit cars or houses and disappear
very quickly back the way they came.  The individuals involved, I can
guarantee you, are not SCA or even SCA-related.  TRM--and the Kingdom--were
victims of random crime.  And, unless they sell the sword to someone who
might not know its provenance and thus would wear it to Ren Faire or
something, we will, sadly, probably never see it again.

Catherine Harwell
|N. Bradford-Reid              |"If you want to inspire confidence, |
|Air Force ROTC Detachment 825 |*give plenty of statistics*.  It    |
|The University of Texas       |does not matter that they should be |
|AD-4NA at mail.utexas.edu        |accurate, or even intelligible, so  |
|Phantom CAP SQDN 42352        |long as there is enough of them."   |
|A-1 Skyraiders Association    |                  Lewis Carroll     |