ANST - The Sword of State (long)

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Thu Jan 8 12:56:51 PST 1998

Galen here!

Tim McDaniel wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Galen of Bristol / Paul Mitchell
> <pmitchel at flash.net> wrote:
> > Viscountess Megan Andoniel of Glengalen, Mistress
> > of the Pelican and Lion of Ansteorra, has asked
> > me to post the following, so that people may
> > understand the significance of the theft of
> > the Great Sword of State of Ansteorra from Their
> > Majesties' truck.  Following this history is a
> > sonnet which I have written about the loss of the
> > sword.
>
> ... Wow.  It is an amazing story.  I love to hear about group history,
> and this illuminated so much.  Please pass on my humble thanks to the
> good Viscountess, and my thanks for the sonnet.

Thanks!  All bard love applause.  And with that in mind, let me
quote Megan's note to me about attribution:

"thank you for posting the history.  I forgot an important detail--the
history was written by myself and Baron Orm, with the help of Hrabia Jan
W'Orzeldom, Count Finn Kelley O'Donnel, Master Ivar Battleskald,& Lord Xylon
Xerxes.  Portraits from the time also aided us, but at least those people
should be credited, if possible.  My apologies."

> (I would normally send this as private e-mail, but I think public
> praise is most appropriate for this story.  -- Oh, one more pass-on
> request: "More, please?".)
>
> --
> Daniel de Lincoln

- Galen
--
pmitchel at flash.net \ http://www.flash.net/~pmitchel
"The Constitution is a radical document ... it is the job