ANST - Netiquette

Shane B. shaneb at icubed.net
Thu Jan 8 11:27:29 PST 1998

What type of mail software are they using?  Netscape for instance
doesn't wrap long lines unless you tell it too.  For those who do not
know.  Click on 'view' and the 'wrap long lines' on the Netscape mail
client.  This is the only I know that has this problem...

Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:

> I have a request for the list.  Some mail reading software does
> automatic line wrap (lines longer than the screen width are split at
> word boundaries to fit), and some do not.  Accomodating non-wrappers
> does not really hurt wrappers, but using long lines can hurt
> non-wrappers (when text is hidden, bad line breaks in the middle of a
> word happen, or the screen becomes confused about how many lines are
> on it).
>
> Therefore, please hit Enter / Return / whatever no more than every 70
> characters or so.  80-column widths are moderately comon, especially
> in terminal emulators, and 70 allows for "> " quoting several layers
> deep with convenience.

Shane (Alastair Lord Aylward)
                 ,  ,, ,
           , ,; ; ;;  ; ;  ;
        , ; ';  ;  ;; .-''\ ; ;
     , ;  ;`  ; ,; . / /8b \ ; ;
     `; ; .;'         ;,\8 |  ;  ;
      ` ;/   / `_      ; ;;    ;  ; ;
         |/.'  /9)    ;  ; `    ;  ; ;
        ,/'          ; ; ;  ;   ; ; ; ;
       /_            ;    ;  `    ;  ;
      `?8P"  .      ;  ; ; ; ;     ;  ;;
"Ye Lion's Goblette Taverne" - The world's LARGEST collection of SCA,
RENN'
FAIRE, medieval research and middle ages re-creational societies links!

          http://www.icubed.net/usr/shaneb/

                    OR

      http://www.geocities.com/athens/delphi/5963