ANST - 14th century knights

Sam & Debbie Milligan miligan at anet-dfw.com
Sat Jan 10 13:33:58 PST 1998

Tyrca wrote:

> Hmm . . .interesting.  In Dublin where I am, it is 1027, and the
> Normans are happily in Normandy, the "danes" are "driven from Ireland"
> (interesting story, but I'll tell you later) and our relations with
> England are about the same as ever.
>
> Tyrca
>Odd, here in Tir Mac Carthainn, the Christian reckoning is 1297, the
Danes who settled in Eire have long since become Irish, and Edward
Longshanks sits on the throne of England, causing trouble for Celts and
Frenchmen alike.  The one thing that has not changed is our relationship
with the English - they think they should rule Eire and we think they
should be dead.  Of course, I have not traveled in England or on the
continent for several years, so matters may have changed somewhat...

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain
of House Mac an Ghabhann