ANST - Gulf War A&S?

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Mon Jan 12 12:22:00 PST 1998

My pardon.  Your comments came it while I was drafting a post script to my
earlier message.  First, it was not because the Baron was speaking softly.
The heralds (and other people in the hall) ask for attention several times
during court.  The Baron was speaking just below a shout but could not
compete with the volume from the floor.  Yes, I do have a hearing problem
and that is why I try to sit as close to the front as possible.  I do
thoroughly enjoy court at all events and try to make them all.  Someone has
to sit and listen and I feel that can be my job. (grin) With that in mind
you can understand my distress at not being able to do my job well.  I will
keep practicing and maybe get an 'aid' of some kind to assist me.  Until
then I hope the volume will be lower at the next court and we can all hear
everything.

Bicé

At 01:20 PM 1/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>I attended Steppes 12th Night and sat through court.  At one time Baron
>>Edwin stood up and moved his mouth a lot and about 18 to 20 people stood up
>>at different times during this, but I cannot repeat what was said because I
>>could not hear it at the third row of tables from the front.
>
>Why?  Was the hall particulaly noisy, or was the Baron speaking softly, or
>are you hard of hearing, or was the third row 200 feet back, or are you
>just making wry comments on the normal (loud) level of extraneous noise
>during court.
>
>Rumil Fletcher

	Chris Harper
      -bicé@flash.net-