ANST - Too many meetings, too little fun

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Mon Jan 12 09:35:25 PST 1998

> In short, the Red-Tape event would turn into just another event,
> with two lists, an A&S, a bardic, and a feast.
>
> If, as Baroness Zara Zena, other kingdoms have had and continue to
> have "red-tape events" then there must be a way of doing them
> successfully. Would they have them if there were all of these
> problems? I doubt it. Maybe we should contact some good nobles of
> these other kingdoms and ask them for ideas.

concept is rather simple actually ... it's called *focus* and
*planning*

this is a business event, not a "recreational" one ... hold it with
no lists, no competitions, no feast - and publish as such so
anyone showing up knows what they are getting into ... make it a one
day, structured, *business* meeting for officers and necessary
support staff ... it's focus is not for the general populace.

make sure there is a published agenda and schedule ... and keep to
it.  set it up with *minimal* distractions (ie: no lists, no
competitions, ... etc.) in a environment conducive to business -
comfortable, quiet, with necessary support infrastructure and staff.
make sure the agenda is well known and in the hands of those
responsible for getting the work done well before the meeting ... so
that necessary home-work and prep work can be done.

i don't remember any requirement that all events have to be
*general* in nature.  don't most local groups seperate their
business meetings from their fighter practices and revels for this
very reason?

'wolf

... In Mortis Veritas