ANST - Steppes 12th Night

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Jan 13 11:26:34 PST 1998

Catherine said:
> 'S'okay, Gunthar, don't beat yerself up over it.  What we got was very
> good--I particularly liked the little carrot custard thingies--sorry I don't
> know the real name of them.  Would like a redaction for those one of these
> days.

I agree. I believe what you are talking about was the carrot-parsnip dish.
It was quite good with an unusual taste. And I don't think I've ever
eaten parsnips before and I detest carrots but I would eat this again.

And Gunthar, I liked the little menu sheets. This helped us know what was
still to come out, even if the order on the sheet wasn't the order they
were brought out in. And since the ingredients given, those with alergies
could easily see which dishes to avoid or inquire further about.

Gunthar has promised to put the recipes on the SCA-Cooks maillist. When
he does, I will be editing them and placing them in the Florilegium files
for others who might be interested in them.

My wife, Alina's favorite dish was the green beans.

My favorite was the mushroom pastries. The edges were a bit tough but
that was because they had had to rewarmed or some such. Quite understandable
with the other complications of this feast.

Hmm. the chicken bruet in the bread bowls comes close on my favorites list, too.
This might be a good dish for an outside event.

Stefan li Rous