ANST - Steppes 12th Night

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Jan 13 20:53:59 PST 1998

>One datum ... anecdote, really: a person at my table has a
>great deal of trouble with pepper, and most every dish had
>it.  However, she was used to this and habitually brings a
>lot of food with her.  Not to teach you how to suck eggs,
>Gunthar, but maybe in the future you could look and see if
>an ingredient (other than salt, water, or other things you
>*can't* be allergic to and live) is in almost all of the
>dishes, and perhaps find one or two dishes that could
>survive yanking that ingredient?

When I do a feast and someone lets me know ahead of time about an
allergy, I will
try to make sure there are dishes that can be eaten or will let the
person know its
just not possible so they can plan to bring food. Since I always do
vegetarian entrees
to match my meat entrees, I have generally found that folks can usually
find enough to eat. However, I have occasionally had folks who are
allergic to many of the spices used in
period. It can be quite impossible to meet folks needs when this is the
case.

Clarissa