ANST - AOA/GOA etc courts

Nan Bradford-Reid ad-4na at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 14 14:01:11 PST 1998

At 03:29 PM 1/14/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Greetings !

>I had a very good view of Steppes court, and I enjoyed it immensly. Watching
>a gentle break into tears when thanked for the work they had done, in such a
>public fashion, makes you feel good. It puts some magic into this game of ours.

I got to thinking about this whole AoA and below, or GoA and above thingy
after I posted my second message about it (in which I stated I wasn't sure I
agreed with the idea), and, the more I think about it, the more I think it's
a bad idea and agree with Timo.  I cried when I got my AoA and for
some--maybe even a lot of--folks in the SCA, it's the only award they will
ever get.  To relegate it to some 'lesser' event would be not only lessening
the importance of the award but of the service or art rendered to receive it
and therefore, the individual.

Maybe Z-Z's idea of two or three smaller courts throughout an event is a
better idea, if you didn't want to go to one or more, then don't, whereas
court-junkies would OD <grin>.

Catherine