ANST - AOA/GOA etc courts

Lord Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Wed Jan 14 22:19:32 PST 1998

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 23:19:50 -0600 (CST), Tim McDaniel <tmcd at crl.com>
wrote:

>>From the SCA College of Arms Administrative Handbook, "In
>the case of branches with ruling nobles (e.g., kingdoms,
>principalities, baronies), this armory is also the official
>armory of the ruling noble and is not approved for display
>by any other individual."  I would suggest that shire,
>canton, etc. arms not be bourne by individuals either, but
>that the group should device an ensign for use by the
>populace.

Sounds like the proper place for the shire, canton, etc.  badge to be
used.
Larkin
===
    The common eye sees only the outside of things, and judges by that,
    but the seeing eye pierces through and reads the heart and the soul,
    finding there capacities which the outside didn't indicate or promise.
			--Mark Twain