ANST - Meetings and Volume at any Court

CRICKETRED CRICKETRED at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 22:58:44 PST 1998

<< > And a couple of unattached male-types to escort ladies who
 > don't have a lord or who get within 20 or so feet of the
 > Presence and no one has jumped to their aid.

 I think the ladies of Ansteorra are more than strong enough
 to get to the foot of the dais without aid!

I'd have to agree with this.  Personally I think escorting is to show support,
and should be from a a person who's helped support the award Recipient, and
perhaps help to encourage and inspire them to do whatever it is they do that
deems them worthy of recognition.  I personally feel that this image is lost
if just "any random person who happens to be standing nearby" will do.  if
they don't have a lord ( or lady) in attendence,maybe they have special
friends, and barring that.. maybe they earned  it "on their own" and would
prefer receiving it that way.
      just something to think about,
         Letha/Lonnie/Cricket
      Ffynnon Gath, Ansteorra