ANST - Adopt me - Rowan

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Jan 16 03:53:35 PST 1998

On 16 Jan 98 at 8:09, Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:

> Actually, Johann, I'm not sure that Christians
> would have seen all non-Christians as "pagan".
> I dimly recally a statement that they saw
> Muslims as heretics, because they knew Jesus
> and valued his teaching yet denied his
> divinity.  I could easily be misremembering,
> though, and I'd love solid data.

if you want to get into religious history, most christian variants
saw themselves as "true christians" and all other christian beliefs
as "heretical" .... generally the farther away from the politics (ie:
"Rome") the more likely you were to be branded a heretic ... used to
have many spirited conversations along these lines with one of my
many treasured mentors, who happened to be a Jesuit.

for the record, i highly recommend historical, philosophical, and
theological discussions with Jesuits ... *very* informative.

'wolf

... carpe ichthae