ANST - Points of Honor?

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Jan 19 13:27:28 PST 1998

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes wrote:

> A "point of honor" is when one fighter gains an advantage over his
> opponent, then discards it. For example, if he takes his opponent's arm,
> then throws away his own shield. In some areas, the herald or marshal will
> specifically announce these actions. They're also known as "acts of chivalry".
>
> The debate is over whether or not they *should* be announced.
>
>         -Tivar Moondragon

Hmm. I think the debate is still over whether they should be done at all.

If I am fighting you, Don Tivar, on the field and I, a rather inexperienced
fighter, take your arm should I then throw away my dagger? I would think that
that action might be considered a rash, stupid and perhaps an insulting
thing to do rather than a point of honor. I am in effect saying that I
don't need the dagger to best you and so I'll just even things up a bit.

Stefan li Rous