ANST - Coronation

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 19 21:22:03 PST 1998

Aquilanne here.

I was talking with some folks this weekend on the perrenial
(semi-perrenial? ;-> ) topic of time consumption in such functions as court
and circles. I'm not sure if TRM called all three circles after coronation
(oooh, that hot tub was a'callin' me), but a couple Laurels I know went to
the Laurels' circle that was being called just as we were leaving, and they
mentioned that no real business was conducted, just an introductory,
greeting-type circle. Anyone ever consider doing a joint peer circle for
stuff like this? Or even the occassional joint peer circle to touch on
concerns common to each separate circle, or even to give members of one
peerage to bring up someone's name as a possible candidate for another
circle or just to give a broader peer-perspective on the state-of-affairs,
as it were? All peerages being, theoretically, equal, you know. What do
folks think about that? Just curious.

Aquilanne

PS--Yes, I know each peerage has its own list for talking about topics like
this, but I'm just interested in hearing how folks on the average, peer or
not, think about it. Inquiring minds, etc. ;->
Dory Grace--The Inkwell
denouncer of Tytyvylus & warrior crone
amazing at mail.utexas.edu