ANST - Consorts' Tea topics

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Jan 20 08:03:45 PST 1998

> 1.  We will renew our efforts to stand near the field and set an
> example when our consort is fighting for our honor.

Thank you, I feel many fighters, both men and women, will appreciate their
consorts taking an interest. As the old saying goes: Your consort will never
see the fights you win, but every blow of the one's you lose. :-{)}

> 2.  We will reward the efforts of anyone who performs an honorable
> act such as;  yielding and advantage in a fight, yielding a fight,
> making a splendid yield speech,  carrying items for anyone who is
> burdened,  etc.

The act is it's own reward. It would be nice if you said "Thank you, I
saw that." if you weren't the one helped.

> 3.  We will ask our consort, and their squires to write down a yield
> speech so that in the midst of a tournament they are not at a loss
> for words.

But "Yield or Die!" is SO easy to remember...

> 4.  Make an effort to help those who are still fighting in sneakers
> to find an alternative.  Also, assist those who need surcoats (or
> court clothes for that matter) in any way possible.

Hey, I like this idea! See, my lady is an excellent Calligrapher/Illuminator
and I'm a pretty good cook but as far as the sewing skills.....

C'mon folks, help out the no-talent knights (like um, Gunthar) to look like
they haven't been robbing particularly poor Saxons!

> 5.   Instruct newcomers and others who are interested in how to watch
> a tournamet.  Share with them who is fighting, what the weapons are
> called,  the types of tournaments,  blow calling,  honorable acts,  a
> consorts role, what it means when someone "carry's your favor",  etc.
> (By the way,  I will be teaching such a class at the tournament at
> Tempio's event in April, please join me!).

Especially if you invite said newcomers under your pavillion, share some time
and make them feel welcome.

> I'm sure I've forgotten some items, I hope that Aquilanne will be
> able to jump in and add anything I've forgotten.

Oh boy, so's I can espouse more of my lame opinions! Ansteorra will love you
forever!  ;-{)}

Yers in ever opinionated matters,

Gunthar