ANST - Court Herald Style

Ghislaine Fontaneau/Elayne Hoover elyh at wcc.net
Mon Jan 19 19:56:32 PST 1998

>  However, if there are any singers or actors  who
> have had some training in voice warming and projecting, please comment
> here.

I have already done so.  I do have some training in voice, and acting,
although I am certainly not a professional in either realm. However, I
do feel very qualified to give warm-up advice, as *my mother* is a
professional (music teacher/choir director/private voice lessons).  I
grew up in a very vocal environment...musically.  really. that's what I
meant...

Once, when I was four years old and screaming at my older brother, my
mother came up behind me, adjusted my posture, laid her hand on my
abdomen just under my ribs and said "Breathe *here*, Sweetie." Then she
walked away.  I was so bewildered I forgot what I was yelling at my
brother about.

Ghia

--
mka: Elayne "Ely" Hoover