ANST - Court Herald Style

Lee Martindale lmartin at airmail.net
Tue Jan 20 13:11:48 PST 1998

Martin, Brian wrote:

> When I warm up my vocal chords, I start out with deep breaths from the
> diaphragm to get into the proper breathing mode. I then start with
> some deep pitched, low rumblings and "mee mee mee" type stuff. After a
> few minutes, I bring up both the pitch and level of my voice I little
> at a time until I am "quietly" projecting my voice to a few feet
> around me. By then, I usually feel ready to talk to a few hundred
> people at once.

That's generally the routine I use when warming up for camp heraldry.
(My warm-up routine for singing starts this way, then moves into
running scales.)

If I'm doing wake-up call at something like Steppes Warlord, I
try for at least 15 minutes of warm-up, take it very slowly and
not go for volume until I'm sure the vocal chords are ready.  I
also make sure I've gotten at least one cup of coffee in me, so
I'm not trying to do this on a dry throat.

--
Lee Martindale / Llereth Wyddffa an Myrddin / The Copper Bard
email: lmartin at airmail.net
http://web2.airmail.net/lmartin