ANST - Court Herald Style

Kateryn Heathrydge heatherford.manor at juno.com
Tue Jan 20 14:30:24 PST 1998

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:47:49 -0600 Charlene Charette <charlene at flash.net>
writes:
>Mark.S Harris wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions on how someone should or should not do this voice
>warm up?

 Some talk to themselves, some sing.  Especially first thing in
>the
>morning when doing wake up calls - you don't want to yell with "cold"
>vocal chords.

The Italian vowels are very popular.  A simple one is pick a nice,
comfortable, middle tone, and, on that tone, sing or speak oo oh ah eh ee
eh ah oh oo.  Move up or down a half step and repeat until you hit the
end of your comfort range.

Working simple vowels in thirds up and down or sort scales is also quite
popular.  My fave is (by tone number) 1-3-5--654321 or in sol feggio do
mi sol la sol fa mi re do.

Fun things to move the lips and tongue (where ever you're going with
that, just stop now! ;) ).

Mama made me mash my M&Ms
Busy baby bumble bee

Now that I have unpacked I can find my relevant class notes :)!

Kateryn Heathrydge
Three Rivers, Calontir
heatherford.manor at juno.com