ANST - Working Meetings

clward at mmm.com clward at mmm.com
Wed Jan 21 06:53:51 PST 1998

I've been thinking about the idea of "working meetings" where we do mostly
business instead of glomming business on top of what should have been fun time.

Coronation is an event that should have some business, and traditionally each
of the Peerage Circles meets with the incoming Crown at Coronation.  Of late, I
have noticed that these meetings have degenerated into "Hi.  These are the
ground rules. When do we meet again?" and for this I have travelled
umpty-some-odd miles just for that 5 minute meetings.

I have heard from several Peers who have lived in other kingdoms that elsewhere
it is a common practice to have joint Peerage meetings where Knights, Laurels,
and Pelicans discuss candidates jointly for all three orders.

Now, while we probably wouldn't want to do that sort of thing all of the time
(what if you want to bring up a member of one of the other Peerages for your
order?), it seems to me that Coronation would be an EXCELLENT time to hold a
joint Peers Circle.  We could have more time since it would be all of us at
once -- less time would be wasted as the various Circles assembled and
dispersed.  We could discuss whatever items need to be discussed by all of the
Peers jointly.  And the "Hi, Ground Rules, Next Meeting" stuff could be handled
en masse.

This could have the added effect of fostering inter-Circle cooperation and
communication.  (Gasp!  Run now while there's time!)

What does everybody else think about this?

::GUNNORA::

Writing from work -- replies to gunnora at bga.com