ANST - A Long Introduction (long)

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Jan 21 12:02:35 PST 1998

Greetings unto Sarah,

I'm starting a new message since yours was kinda long to reply to. Hope I remember
all your questions.

I have a set of files, called Stefan's Florilegium, that I think can help
you with a number of your questions.

They can be found on the web at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html
or if you don't have WWW access, I can email you files in Word or text format.
I can also send you my complete filelist this way. Some folks find it easier
to browse through the list than through multiple web pages.

Files that I think you or your family might find useful include:

In the NEWCOMER'S section:
4-newcomers-msg   (23K)  1/ 2/97    Comments directed at SCA newcomers.
names-FAQ         (14K)  5/ 8/96    Choosing and registering names in the SCA.
SCA-intro-art     (23K) 11/14/95    An Introduction to the SCA.
SCA-trans-msg     (18K)  1/ 4/96    How to handle the move from one group to
                                      another. For the people in the group too.

under CHILDREN:
babies-msg        (92K) 11/ 4/97    Camping with babies.
children-msg     (158K)  1/29/97    Children in the SCA and period.
child-clothes-msg (23K)  2/24/97    Period and SCA children's clothing.
child-gam-msg     (40K)  9/ 5/97    Period and SCA children's games and
                                       activities.
dolls-msg         (32K)  8/11/97    Medieval fashion and toy dolls.
pregnancy-msg     (14K)  1/22/96    Pregnancy in period. Handling it in the SCA.
toys-msg          (68K)  8/18/97    Period and SCA toys.

under CLOTHING:
clothing-books-msg (74K)11/ 6/97    Book reviews, bibliographies and pattern
                                      sources.
clothing-MN-msg   (63K) 12/ 2/96    Maternity and nursing garb.
merch-cloth-lst   (18K)  1/25/96    Lists of clothes and pattern merchants.
patterns-msg      (54K) 12/ 5/96    Sources for clothing patterns. Altering
                                       mundane patterns.

under UNCLASSIFIED:
feastgear-msg     (23K)  1/22/96    Obtaining feastgear for use in the SCA.
                                       cleaning wooden feastgear.

under SCA-STORIES:
Anst-hist-msg     (97K) 11/ 3/97    Histories of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

These are just some of my files. Depending upon your interests, there may
be other files of interest, too.  I also have sections on ARCHERY, COMBAT,
BEVERAGES, FOOD, CULTURES, PERSONAS, TEXTILE ARTS, SCRIBAL ARTS, PERFORMANCE
ARTS, ENTERTAINMENT and others.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad (Austin, TX)
Ansteorra
stefan at texas.net