ANST - previous threads ... keltoi / religion / holy-days

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Sat Jan 24 02:16:33 PST 1998

On 23 Jan 98 at 17:25, Kateryn Heathrydge wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong (I have every faith someone will), but  I
> seem to remember that the Templars made two very big mistakes:
>
> 1) they had extra money (not a big sin) ...
> 2) they loaned it cheap to important, broke people (big mistake)

they had a *lot* of money, and great amounts of land.  plus they were
a organized military elite.

they were always a non-traditional order, and their time in the
middle east during the crusades changed them even further away from
the european-norm.

most importantly, being a order that prized knowledge, they brought
back many foreign ideas from the middle east that directly
threatened the "orthodoxy" of the church teachings.

ergo, they were a threat to status que of extant secular and
religious organizations and as such had to be destroyed.  not to
mention, their wealth being re-distributed to those involved in the
destruction as reward for their services.

'wolf

... si vis pacem, para bellum