ANST - dead traditions

dssweet at okway.okstate.edu dssweet at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Jan 26 07:05:41 PST 1998

--Perronnelle wrote:

>Killing off particular dances is a discussion which comes up
>occasionally on the SCA dance list.  It's interesting to see the
>differing opinions on it.  Which dances do you think I'm talking about?
>Actually, the particular dance HRM wanted hasn't been done around here
>since I've been seriously involved in dancing -- I've *never* seen it.
>Therefore, if I don't know it I can't teach it.

The 4DoA.

Now you've tweaked my curiosity...what dance did HRM want to do?

     Speaking of dance: at Namron's Rapier Champion & Collegium we had
much dancing throughout the day in classes and then, that night, a
masked ball. 4 sets of Heralds in Love, 7 sets of Hit & Miss & Rufty
Tufty. The only DoA we did was Korobushka as the very last dance before
the hall closed.

Estrill