ANST - Sightseeing recommendations

Casey&Coni cjw at vvm.com
Mon Jan 26 22:03:49 PST 1998

Ooooor, if you aren't so interested in gunfire... you could go right up the
street (about 30 min by car) to Firenze and step inside the Ufizzi Gallerei
(if you'd like to see Botticellis Birth of Venus), La Academie (If
Michaelangelos David is of interest to you), La Palazzo Medici-Ricardi (for
all that nifty Medici family history), Dante Alighieri's house,  as well as
Cellini's Perseus right out in the town square.  The architecture is
exquisite- don't miss La Piazza della Signoria, La Basilica de Santa Maria
del Fiore (the facade of this building is one of the most famous in the
world), Giotto's Campanile (**82 meters high**), the Baptistery, and so on,
and so on, and so on.  Am I waxing nostalgic?

Go there.  You won't have to stay in a hotel or a hostel as you can just jot
back to Camp Darby (where I suspect you'll be staying anyway).

Oh, and hit the beach... it's lovey, dear, just lovey.

Ritter Dieterich