ANST - Alastair's Site O'the Day!!

Shane B. shaneb at icubed.net
Tue Jan 27 13:13:41 PST 1998

Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:

> Alastair wrote:
> > > Did that as well as leave messges on their 1-800 number.
> > > No results. . .
> > Hmmm wonder what they would do if you left them say a 100 messages?
>
> "Hello, <mumble telco>?  We have a case of telephone
> harassment ..."
>
> Don't worry *much* -- I don't *think* it's a Federal felony.
> You'd probably just have to pay for the calls, and I'd guess
> they'd not be likely to press charges.
>
> More seriously: I've seen Pegasus around and I had *assumed*
> them to be reputable ... registered snail-mail letter?  I've
> had an otherwise decent person not respond to repeated
> letters, tho.  Since my case was an SCA officer case, I was
> able to escalate to their boss.  I can't think of a way to
> do that for a private company ...
>
> Daniel de Lincolia

Dear Daniel,

  Please pardon my comment. I was merely being flippant-all the more so
because I posted the site in good faith having no idea of Larkin's
dilema with Pegasus. My point was that he should keep writing them due
to the fact that email AND phone calls are not always effective.   I
certainly DO NOT advocate any harassment.  There are sadly too few
companies [comparitively] that produce SCA related items and I would
like to see any misunderstandings cleared up between folk who do
business with these companies.  I too like Larkin have CC'd a copy to
Pegasus to show my good intentions.

Respecfully

Alastair