ANST - dead traditions

Kateryn Heathrydge heatherford.manor at juno.com
Mon Jan 26 18:35:01 PST 1998

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998 14:25:46 +0900 Ghislaine Fontanneau/Elayne Hoover
<elyh at wcc.net> writes:
>>   Hole in
>> the Wall, Korobushka, Scotland the Brave/Road to the Isles/Gae
>Gordons,

(inadvertantly clipping Ghia's stuff too.)

Gae Gordons as I learned in my college folkdance class does look a lot
like Scotland the Brave.  However, Donato el  Lobo (I think) took the
class a few years ahead of me and taught the instructor a different
(period) form of Gae Gordons.  My instructor was mildly disappointed that
I (a fellow SCAdian) didn't know this version, for she had forgotten it.

Is Trenchmore really one of the 4DoA?  HiTW and StB don't surprise me at
all, seems most of the serious dance types would rather pull out their
fingernails than teach those two.

Kateryn Heathrydge
Three Rivers, Calontir
heatherford.manor at juno.com