ANST - Gulf War Archery...Clarified Rules....! (...or a miscommunicationfixed)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Jan 28 18:36:34 PST 1998

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Joe Wolf <WolfJ at bisys.com> wrote:
> Sir Kief wrote:
> >
> >1.  NO HIT ARCHERS: These folks will be marked by WHITE
> >DIAMONDS...! Don't hit them under any circumstances.
>
> Kief... will these archers be subject to fire from enemy
> archers??

"I'm not Kief, but ..."

No, they are not subject to fire.  If you're not using
Baldar Wire-Guided Heat-Seeking Blunts (software release 3.2
or later -- that's when they finally debugged the white
diamond recognition artificial intelligence) you can't shoot
anywhere near them.  Even if there's one white diamond
archer in front of a clump of 20.  At least the new war
rules require them to warn you of their presence, with the
mandated "nyah nyah, I'm rubber, you're glue!" cry.

If you hit a white diamond by accident, you must immediately
take off all armor and report to Mistress Severa (hint:
she's not a peer).

Hope This Helps!

Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com