ANST - Bard Books & Filk Songs

Lee Martindale lmartin at airmail.net
Thu Jan 29 13:58:40 PST 1998

-Jax- wrote:

> Boy, I'm in the mood to ask questions today. Ok, what the heck is a
> 'filk'?

Filk (short form definition) = science fiction and fantasy-derived
folk music.  Approcrypha derivation: the result of a typo
contained in a convention program book.

Not as off-topic as might be supposed, given the number of
notable - and working-on-notable -  SCA bards who are also
well-known to filk audiences, (among them: Ioseph of Locksley,
Leslie The Bard, (his SCA name escapes me) Michael Longcor (sp)
and your humble servant here), as well as the prodigious amount
of filk music that spreads wordfame of the SCA.

--
Lee Martindale / Llereth Wyddffa an Myrddin / The Copper Bard
email: lmartin at airmail.net
http://web2.airmail.net/lmartin