ANST - Re: Kids with Boffers

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 14:37:24 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

I only have a moment, so I'd like to add a few points on this topic.

One--as a parent, I'm all for the boffer tourneys for kids.

Two--in order to limit our liability in this matter, we should include a
rule that no adult (18 or over) may compete or for any reason wield a
boffer against a minor.

Three--why  segregate the kids by height?  Adults compete with no regard
for size differences.  I would think age a more reasonable gauge.  A
short twelve-year-old who ends up competing against mostly nine- and
ten-year-olds will likely be embarassed at having to play with the
younger kids.

Four--most of the dojos here in Austin offering children's classes start
them out at five.  Why do we need to wait until they're eight?  We could
have pee-wee tourneys (5-8 year-old class).

Good work, Sir Dieterich.  Let us know what you hear from the Powers
That Be.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace, Capitan
Bryn Gwlad