ANST - tangent on rider/warrior thread

Amy Chastain alycie at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 20:16:44 PDT 1998

I think that that would be a really good idea.  However, how do you
choose who outstanding and who is not.  I would also like to point out
that choosing one over another could cause bad blood within his
"territory" so to speak and could be dangerous for him/her and anyone
else who may be involved. (ie. the mentor)
Also, I know very few people who would be interested in the SCA simply
because of lack of education about the time period we play.  They feel
silly playing "dress up".  Their average day consists of playing with
guns, and feeling confident on either side of them, because at least
they aren't ignorant about what will happen, or the mechanism of it all.
Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing them...I can't...would be pretty
hypocritical of me...in fact, if this ever happens I know of two right
away that I would recommend...I am merely (for once in my life) trying
to be realistic.
Amy
>Horoun wrote:
>> The idea could have merit if in any of the areas(arts fighting
sevice)
>> the established outstanding individuals in some of these areas(ie
>> chiefs) would play the mentor role(don't have to be peers),but it
would
>> have to be on a small scale or it could turn into a VERY big stink
cloud
>> if even the smallest problem happened at the wrong time. Additionally
it
>> would have to be modified to fit a given areas specific demographics.

  Although you are absolutely
>correct in it being kept on a small scale, and the demographic thing.
There