ANST - Dye Plants

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 2 08:52:14 PDT 1998

they are.  the flowers are not but the leaves are.  they make a very soft
lovely yellow.  Most dye plant books rarely list every plant in an area.
Ida Graes dye plant book is quite excellent.   Based on her process, which
is go out and try a wide variety pf plants are capable of producing dye
that never are mentioned, I've gotten interesting colors from plants that
you wouldn't think could be a dye plant.... like tomato.

Do try mimosa leaves, the color is extremely nice.  Since I'm not a direct
subscriber you might want to e-mail me for any questions.

Clare