ANST - Giving Awards to SCA Youth

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Fri Jul 3 15:00:11 PDT 1998

At 03:40 PM 7/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The problem, however is bigger than a group sometimes.  Like, hypothetically
>speaking, of course:-), whena kingdom seneschal tells you don't bother
putting
>them in for an award, they are too young in his opinion.

Except that the kingdom seneschal has very little say in who does or
doesn't get awards.

If the local baron or seneschal, and several people from the kid's local
group send in recommendations, I would think the Crown would at least look
into the matter *despite* the kingdom seneschal's opinions. I can
understand being cautious--I recall a kid who was around 1 or 2 being given
an AoA many years ago. (It was basically a "cookie" for her mother, the kid
wasn't even old enough to know what was going on.) But I haven't seen
another such bad example in a *long* time.

	-Tivar Moondragon